Boating in Canada Archive

Insurance for Importing a Boat

It is difficult to buy insurance coverage for a boat in the U.S. If the client buys it though a dealer or broker, they may have insurance. Insurance companies will provide boat insurance as a service to our home insurance clients.

For home insurance clients of Cooperators Insurance who buy and tow a boat from the U.S., in-transit coverage is no additional charge. Clients can also buy coverage that provides transit coverage but lots of documentation is needed in advance, such as a copy of the bill of sale, registration and a marine survey.

Angie MacEachern, CIP,
Office Manager / Sales Associate
Co-operators Insurance
5524 Manotick Main St
Manotick, ON K4M1A2